Pages

November 3, 2010

The Artist Way

I've joined a group of other creative people that are reading through The Artist Way by Julia Cameron. We meet on Wednesdays to discuss that weeks chapter. I've read this book on my own before but i didn't do anything she suggested. No morning pages, artist dates or writing out the tasks at the end of the chapters. This time around i'm gaining much more incite actually participating in the full lesson. I'm not doing it perfectly, i have yet to complete a 7 out of 7 days of morning pages, i've forgotten to do an artist date 2 out of the 3 weeks and thought about the task questions but not written the answers. At least with the group accountability I'm feeling more committed to the whole process of becoming an unblocked artist.


This coming week we'll be reading then discussing chapter 4. I have promised my self (perhaps i should have verbalized this before leaving) that i will have an artist date & complete at least 2 task questions. I feel pretty confident in my routine with the morning pages i've been averaging 4 out of 7 days and this will get better the longer i practice. The morning pages, the process of dumping any thought that runs through my brain filling 3 pages, are becoming a place were i'm recognizing the same things i complain about and sometimes tasks pop-up that i put on a to do list for the day.

Check in for today, week three: 3 days of morning pages, no artist date & no tasks completed. Striving for even more this coming week: check!

If you've read this book, what has your experience been?

0 What do you think?: