Pages

November 5, 2007

Migraines

The thing about reading blogs that deal with the day to day, you find out a few personal things that maybe are TMI.

I have had migraines from the time I was about seven. There have been different triggers through out the years, there have even been years when they leave me alone for the most part. When I was 19 i even went through several doctors just to make sure nothing was wrong with my brain. There isn't {insert joke}. At that time it was diagnosed as "stress". I was given a medication sample to test but i was in school and working and it never seemed like a good time to test a drug that might make me drowsy.

Well, this past year it's plagued me every month with my cycle. I have no idea if this is new or I'm just now paying attention to it. I still usually get that one random headache a month. So, when i went to the doctor a few weeks ago i brought it up again. New medication, I'm actually trying it tonight on one of my random headaches. I'm not really sure if it's a migraine but i've had a little dizziness and that is one sign. I thought it was worth a shot. It's a desolvable tablet - it's like taking an altoid with a bad after taste.

Did i mention that one of the side affects is drowsiness? yeah, it is and i think I'm already feeling it. I mean i was tired but now i can't even keep a straight though. Bed time.

*edit for corrections - apparently i using<> will gaurantee that blogger thinks it's code. Also, updated the correct time span for when i went to the dr.

*edit for update - well, i didn't wake up with a migraine which is a plus. Although, i'm still tired. I'm not sure if it was my bad sleep schedule for the past few days or the meds. The next time I take it I'll try it while still at home incase it is the meds.

2 What do you think?:

Leah said...

i get migraines regularly and i almost always get one with my cycle. excedrin migraine helps a lot if i catch it early enough.

Jeannine said...

Aw, this is not TMI. :)

I'm sorry you're experiencing these headaches. I've never had them, but I've been around people who do and it's so sad to see how painful they are for them.

I hope the meds work for you and bring relief.