Pages

November 21, 2007

Thanksgiving Stuffing Ingredients

My paternal Grandmother always make Cornbread Stuffing for Thanksgiving. Growing up my sister and I would help her make it. I bet it probably started this way because it is a save and easy task for younger kids to do. But even to this day we help her make it - the years we're in town. The years I stay in Oregon I make it for my husband and his family.

This year I did not have the classic packets of cornbread and biscuit mix that are traditionally used. So, I picked up the closes things I could find. I'm amazed at how hard it is to find packets of bread mixes here. I am committing a small crime for using sweet cornbread because in the Texas we just don't do such things but in the stuffing I'm sure I won't notice. I'm thinking of buying packets while I'm down there for Christmas, they'll keep for a year, right?

I did forget to place a few items in the picture like celery and the walnuts but then again i didn't get too picky either because I only have one egg and really to make the cornbread i'm going to need more.

The beer is not an actual ingredient for the stuffing. It is there for me to drink as I clean and cook. But at the rate I'm going I'll be lucky to be done cleaning before it's bed time. The good thing is dinner isn't until 3 tomorrow. I'll have some time in the morning to cook it even though I had thought I'd go over early to help my m.i.l. cook - we'll see how this works out.

Phase one: the ingredients

Stay tuned for the results tomorrow.

0 What do you think?: